Thursday, February 26, 2009

Just another rainy day


So, it's been a wet, rainy day today. But, I found a great dry, indoor activity - playing in a Rubbermaid tub of oatmeal! The best part - letting Gertie lick my fingers then patting the oatmeal so it would stick to my hands. At first I wasn't so certain that I'd like to play in the oatmeal - it felt funny on my feet. Then, after awhile of holding onto the sides and sliding my feet around in it, my curiosity got the better of me and I plopped down on my bottom to explore some more. M served me a sippy cup of fresh orange juice when my throat was a little dry. This is the life!

Today I also strung wet noodles in my hair and over my ears; "painted" a piece of construction paper with water from a sponge; and wrapped myself up in wrapping paper. This last activity was my own idea!! M had left a roll within my reach, so after pulling it down to my level I was able to unroll it and play peek-a-boo as well as crawl all around on it.Did you know we have a spiral staircase in our house? It may look like a plant stand to some adults, but to me it was a challenging set of steps that had to be climbed!

No comments:

Post a Comment